Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Nursery Progress

Steve and I have been working a lot on the nursery lately to try to get it finished while he is on winter break from school. As I've said in previous posts, we have had a bit of a dilemma with the wall color but I think we finally got it right. We settled on Steve's pick, a light greyish blue. You can see it in the picture below.

Even though I didn't want the traditional blue, I really like this color. It goes well with the furniture and bedding. It has a sweet feel and is not overpowering like some of my previous color combination ideas! (Think orange and dark blue, turquoise, bright green...)

We decided to keep some of the green we had previously painted the room. We liked the color, but it was just too much for that small room. But we thought it looked good on the closet doors, so we kept it on them.

We also put together the crib and changing table. They look awesome! It is pretty much exactly what I wanted and from a really good maker. I'm so glad we were able to get such a good deal on them. Here they are:

And the matching changing table, with the changing pad we got from a thrift store months and months ago.
So overall the nursery is really coming together. Now I am just working on what to put on the walls and some shelving for the closet. That's about it. Steve was in there the other day and he said, "Wow, it really feels like a baby's room!" It is kind of creepy how much that room is starting to really feel like the nursery. So exciting!



No comments:

Post a Comment