Monday, February 27, 2012

WW Update

So I guess its been a month since I started doing Weight Watchers, time for an update! So far so good I would say. I'm still getting used to it of course but I've gotten a lot of good habits/routines going since starting. On a normal day, I like to plan what I'm going to eat for that day in the morning and calculate the points to make sure I stay within my allotted number. That has been working great. I usually provide myself a few snacks and even dessert for dinner (usually a skinny cow ice cream or sugar free instant pudding). I always leave a little wiggle room too, just in case. That has been working great for me during the week. Along with this, I've been planning out the meals we will have for dinner that week from my favorite WW recipes so I can know to point out what dinner I'm having each night.

Planning dinners in advance has really been a great thing for me. That way I can make one trip to the grocery store and make sure we have every ingredient we need for the week as well as make sure to use all the fresh veggies and existing ingredients we have before they go bad. I used to kind of do this before but nothing formally, where I wrote it down and planned a grocery trip, etc. So that's been going great. I've also been loading up on veggies for cheap from our local Coop. I've loved that! Its awesome to get a variety of ingredients and try to see what you can make with them.

I've been trying a lot of new WW recipes. One that I made a few weeks ago is Beef Baked Ziti. It was really yummy! Steve and I really love pasta so this was a good recipe for us. I really enjoyed it and it didn't taste "diet" at all. We ate it for a few left over meals after that too. Another recipe I made recently that we both enjoyed were Turkey Stuffed Peppers. I'd never made stuffed peppers before and I wasn't sure Steve would even eat them, but he did. And the recipe was really yummy. I added a few extra veggies that we had laying around so that made it even better! I've found a few recipes I want to try this week so I'll let you know how they go!

I also tried a few other WW recipes and they were gross! ha ha! I guess all cooking adventures don't end well...Slow Cooker Lasagna was so gross. I've tried a few different recipes to try to get a good crock pot lasagna before being on WW and all the results were bad. Maybe this is just a dish you have to go the extra mile for and make the right way! I also tried to make Baked Pasta with Butternut Squash and Ricotta. Yuk! Steve has been on a butternut squash kick so I thought this recipe might be good. It was gross. It was just really bland and dry. And it took forever to make....boo. Not making that one again! ha

My downfall has consistently been the weekends. My normal schedule is off on the weekends and its a lot harder to plan out what I'm going to eat each day on the weekends. We usually have something going on with family that inevitably involves eating out or eating a meal at someone else's house. Also, I might have something else going on where I won't know what I'll be eating. For example, this weekend was a baby shower and I have no idea the points in the food at those kinds of gatherings. (I did avoid eating a delicious loking cupcake at the shower though, thankyouverymuch!) So I just try to make the best choices I can in the situation! If I know we are going out to eat I try to find out where we are going ahead of time to look up the points on this handy website. That website has points for a ton of restaurants, which is really helpful. If we are eating at someone's house I just try to make good choices like eat a salad/veggies with a vinaigrette dressing, pass the rolls with butter, pass on dessert, etc. Its really hard to make those good choices sometimes when everyone else is indulging, but I keep trying! The more I do it, the more I learn so that's always a good thing! And the longer I do it, the more of a habit eating good becomes!

But I'm down 5lbs after a month! Yay! So halfway to my 2 month goal. I think that's pretty good for me considering I've only been able to meet my working out goal of 3 times a week once this month. So...so far so good on WW. I hope I'm not annoying my friends and family too much talking about it! Here's to a new week and hopefully a lb or two lost at the end of it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment