Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Exciting News!!

Secrets are hard to keep! Especially if its a happy secret! If you haven't heard already...Steve and I are expecting baby #2 this September! We are so excited!! I wanted to keep it quiet for a little while longer but it seems that silly cat just won't stay in the bag and a few more people than I thought knew (I'm guilty of spilling it a few people too...oops). I haven't told my work yet and I plan do to that soon.

Its crazy the amount of people having babies this year. I already know 4 people just in my family having babies within 3 months of me! Isn't that nuts? Must be something in the water!

Steven is really excited to become a big brother. He loves babies. If we see babies when we are out, he loves to play with them and talk to them. I think its probably my fault as I'm guilty of freaking out everytime I see a baby. But its pretty super cute when he does it. When we found out for sure we asked Steven if he wanted a little brother or sister and he said "Yeah". When we asked him if he would share his toys with the baby his eyes got really wide and it took him a minute but he said "Yeah." ha ha! We'll see on that one!
So we had our first ultrasound on February 18th where we actually saw the heartbeat so that was a great relief! I was worried we might be too early to see it but we weren't. I was about 8 weeks then and the doctor calculated the due date of September 30th. Which puts me super preggers in the summer...yay!

So how am I feeling? Pretty ok. I wasn't feeling pregnant at all for the first month to 6 weeks which was sort of weird for me because I was so sick with Steven. Big Steve even started doubting if I was pregnant, and wanted me to take another test. No thank you! I'm too cheap for that! ha ha!

Right around 7 weeks I started feeling yucky though. Just super duper tired and worn out and nausceous all day. So that's been fun. A few weeks after that we had a stomach bug in our house which did NOT help at all.

But since about 10 weeks I've been feeling better. I've got some energy back which is nice. I'm looking forward to the last few weeks of the first trimester so I can really start feeling better.

Well that's my news! We are excited and I'll be sure to keep you posted!

1 comment: