Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Stuffed Chicken Rollatini Recipe Review

I am loving this blog. I've mentioned it before but it really has some great, lower calorie recipes. I made another one last week from there...and it was delicious!

I attempted this recipe for Stuffed Chicken Rollatini. I modified it slightly to clean out a few other veggies we had in our fridge, but mostly used the original recipe. It was awesome. It was probably my favorite recipe I've made in a long time. It was very flavorful and filling. And look at how pretty!


Here's the slightly modified recipe I used:

Ingredients:
Chopped garlic (says 4 cloves, I just used a bunch!)
1 1/2 cups (1 medium) zucchini, shredded
1 red pepper finely chopped
1/2 cup onion finely chopped
1/4ish cup Romano (I used Parmesan) cheese
Shredded Mozzarella
8 thin chicken cutlets (I just cut in half 4 thicker chicken breasts)
1/2 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
Lemon juice
Olive oil
Baking spray

Directions:
In a large skillet, heat olive oil and saute garlic and onion for a few minutes. Add zucchini, peppers, 1/4 cup Romano/Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper and saute for about 3 or 4 minutes. Set aside to cool. When cool, combine with mozzarella.

Preheat oven to 450. Spray baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Dry chicken cutlets and lay on working surface. Spread 3 tbs zucchini mixture on each cutlet (make sure to spread flat, not just lump in the middle). Loosely roll each up and place seam side down.

Combine breadcrumbs, 2 tbsp grated Romano/Parmesan cheese in one bowl. In other bowl combine 1tbsp olive oil and some pepper. Dip chicken in lemon juice bowl first, then bread crumbs bowl. Then place seam side down in baking dish. Bake 25-30 mins


Here are the chicken rollatinis ready to go into the oven! Yum!


Close up! Look at all that yummy stuffing!

The recipe sounds complicated but really its not that bad. I discovered that its important to spread the zucchini mixture out on the cutlet and not to lump it in the middle or it won't roll up well. I also found out that if you put a lot of the zucchini mixture in the middle of the chicken when you dunk it in the 2 bowls, some will fall out. So I ended up stuffing the excess zucchini mixture into the ends of the already rolled up chicken in the baking dish, if that makes any sense!

But anyway, not too hard to make and great results! This is really flavorful with all the veggies, cheese and the lemon juice sauce. Its also crusty with the bread crumbs. Yum!! And she says one cutlet has 171 calories! Making this one again!

No comments:

Post a Comment