Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Kris and Zach's Wedding Weekend

I have mentioned a few times that my beautiful cousin, Kris is getting married. Well the weekend finally came! She got married October 22nd in Springfield, IL. I got to be a bridesmaid in her wedding. It was such an honor and I love her to death! We got an opportunity to spend some quality time with family that weekend and that was great. It was also our first trip away from the house with Steven so that was an adventure. It made mommy very nervous but turned out all was well! He didn't sleep hardly at all in the hotel but oh well!

Anyway! The weekend started off with the wedding rehearsal. Here are Kris and Zach at the rehearsal. Aren't they such a cool couple? I have never met a more laid back bride and groom. I think I was more nervous than they were! Don't you love her ribbon bouquet we made at her shower? Lol


Of course, after the reherasal is the rehearsal dinner! Yay! They had it at this awesome restaurant called Marios! The food was amazing!! (And don't we look nice?!)


My cousin, Mike and his wife Lauren's 3 daughters were in the wedding. They are always so much fun! Its crazy being around them but always hilarious. They love Steven too so that is pretty cute. Here we are with Addie and Courtney. Aren't they cute? (makes me want to have a girl someday :)


They also had this crazy thing at the restaurant called a Horseshoe. I had never heard of it but apparently it is a Springfield tradition. Steve had it and it was delicious! I think it was like garlic bread with meatballs and spaghetti sauce, topped with french fries and cheese sauce. Yum.


So the next morning, was Kris's wedding day! We started getting ready in the morning at my aunt's house. I could not believe how cool, calm and collected Kris was. She didn't seem nervous or anxious at all! Here is the bride getting beautiful.

We had a little drink to calm nerves in the morning, mostly mine since she wasn't nervous at all! ha ha!

After we all got ready, we headed over to the church. When family started arriving for the ceremony I got to see my little man all dressed up! Doesn't he look so cute? Daddy did a good job getting him ready!

Here is our little family all dressed up. I love this picture! Don't my boys clean up well? (And mommy doesn't look so bad either!)

I don't have any pictures from the actual ceremony because I was in it! ha ha! Here are a few from afterwards though. Here I am with the bride! She just got married! Doesn't she look beautiful?


3 of the 4 bridesmaids on the party bus! Kris's friend, Erin, me and my cousin (bride's sister) Cindy. I had a lot of fun with these awesome ladies!


The new Mr and Mrs Valenti!


Fun at the reception. Thank you so much to my wonderful parents for taking Steven so we could have a fun night! 

We had so much fun at the reception! Congrats to Kris and Zach. It was a great wedding! We are so happy for you both!


1 comment:

  1. The horseshoe was on Man vs. Food when they went to Springfield - can't believe you haven't seen that episode!!

    You look very pretty too :)

    ReplyDelete