Tuesday, November 29, 2011

So Much to be Thankful For!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! We sure did! I will put up a separate post with pictures of Steven's first thanksgiving with each of our families. But I just wanted to take a minute to reflect on how very blessed we have been this year. Steve and I have so much to be extremely thankful for. This year the best blessing we could ever receive happened when our son was born. He is just the most amazing, happy baby and he fills our lives with joy each and everyday!


I am also so grateful for our friends and family. We have amazing support on both sides of our family, including free childcare by both sets of grandparents. That has been a HUGE blessing to us. It has enabled me to go back to work full time and not have to worry about finding childcare, can we afford it, and worrying about the attention Steven is getting while I'm away. I cannot say enough about how amazing both sets of grandparents have been in this regard. I am so grateful that Steven is getting to know his grandparents and has them around in his everyday life. That is something Steve and I wanted for him and we are so glad he has that.



Besides grandparents we have had a ton of support from our other family and friends. We are so grateful for them. From offers to babysit, to advice and love the support we have received this year from family and friends has been amazing.


I am so thankful for my job. I know, sometimes I wish I didn't have to do it, but I really am thankful that I have a steady job. I recently got a promotion (yay!) so that is a great thing to be thankful for as well. But in the last year, it has been really hard for Steve to find a job so I'm really glad that my job is secure and I'm able to pay our bills that way.

I am thankful that we have a house to live in, clothes to wear and food to eat. Although it hasn't been the easiest with Steve not working a majority of the year, there has never been a time where we couldn't afford food or any of the necessities and I know many people can't say the same.

Of course I am thankful for lots of other things like, shopping, chocolate, music, sunny days, and our puppies!
But I am just overwhelmed this year with gratitude for our friends, families and most of all our little man! Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment